EPISODE 1 – how to achieve more by doing less with Greg Mc Keown
In this episode Dr Hazel speaks to author of Essentialism and Effortless Greg Mc Keown on how to pursue less to achieve more and how to make it easier to do what matters most. Most people equate more effort to better results or faster results, but getting ahead doesn’t have to be as hard as we make it – and Greg has a better way.
This conversation covers the following topics:
- The pursuit of less to achieve more
- How to think like an essentialist
- Setting boundaries and learning to say no.
- How to make the most essential activities the easiest ones.
- Setting goals and holding a sustainable pace
- Turning tedious tasks into enjoyable ones.
If you loved this episode make sure to give it a review, rating (hopefully 5 stars) and share it with your friends and family.
EPISODE 2 – Running slow to run fast with Emma Kirk-Odunubi
In this episode Dr Hazel sits down with running coach and footwear expert Emma Kirk Odunubi. Emma is a running biomechanics nerd who matches the perfect footwear to the individual runner, and takes pride in being known as the trainer geek. Day to day she coaches treadmill classes at Thirdspace and on a 1-1 level works with a variety of sports men & women, seeking to crush their running goals with her and her partners business Bulletproof Athletic. Find out more over on www.bulletproofatheltic.com.
This episode covers:
- Where to start if you’re new to running.
- How to build up distance beyond 5km
- How to get faster.
- Advantages of using heart rate training zones in running.
- Common running problems – shin splints and knee pain
- Strength training for runners
- What to look for when finding the right running trainers.
- Staple exercises for your warm up and cool down routine.