The Food Medic
Recipes + fitness for a healthier, happier you.
This book isn’t a book with a collection of recipes that will just help shift a few stubborn pounds before a holiday – it is about health, confidence, happiness and feeling great.
We all feel our best when we are free of illness, full of energy and at a healthy weight – this book will you do just that! I want to help you maximise your health through nutrition, and teach, step-by-step, healthy eating habits for life so you will never have to ‘diet’ again! I will also show you how to eat yourself well: how to pick foods and cook recipe that help your physical health and mental wellbeing
What this book will give you?
- An insight to my background and journey to health.
- A basic guide to nutrition including; macronutrients, micronutrients, and calories.
- A tool kit on how to build a healthy diet
- Advice on common medical problems and their relationship with food broken down four key areas; the heart, the brain, the gut and the skin.
- Up to 70 healthy recipes including breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks, and drinks!
- Nutrition myths debunked!
- My most frequently asked questions on nutrition and training covered!
- A workout guide, tailored to suit you.
- A glossary of ‘health’ buzzwords, and what they mean, such as ‘detox’, ‘clean-eating’, ‘anti-oxidants’, and ‘superfoods’.
I absolutely love this book. As head chef in our house, I’m always searching for easy, delicious recipes using just a few healthy ingredients. However, this is much more than a cookbook and more a doorway into a whole new way of life!Gary Barlow