BOOK 2 – The Food Medic For Life
What makes this book different to the first?
I am so proud of my first book ‘The Food Medic’. It was my introduction to the world, my platform to share what I wanted to say for so long. I poured everything into that book and I didn’t think I could possibly have much more to say. I told my story and shared my journey, I covered the basics of nutrition, I explained how food can impact our health – for the good, or the bad, I showed you how to find balance in your diet, I shared 70 of my favourite recipes, and I included a home workout guide too. It was essentially a total body bible to health and it was so well received by you guys. So much so that I can now call myself a best selling author with a 5 star rating and incredible reviews on Amazon – so thank you, thank you, THANK YOU to everyone who took the time to not only purchase the book, but leave a review. It makes all the difference and the feedback you have giving have helped shape my next book – so I know you’re going to love it.
So, without further ado, allow me to introduce ‘The Food Medic for life’
As a doctor, a personal trainer, and a huge foodie. Food is important to me on so many levels and I fully appreciate its value in terms of the energy it provides and the health benefits it offers us. However, food may be fuel – but its so much more!
Food is; family, it’s friends, it’s comfort, it’s home, it’s tradition, it’s life giving, it’s celebration, it’s therapeutic, it’s love, it’s health. Let’s not forget that.
What this book will give you
To reflect the pattern of our busy lives, this book is split into two sections;
The first section ‘Fuel Up’ is designed to suit the hectic, busy days in your life where you need quick and easy recipes that will give you the fuel that you need to power through the working week, without spending hours in the kitchen. Expect portable breakfasts, fork-free-lunches, energy-boosting snacks, and batch cook dinners. This will help you cut down time in the kitchen so that you can spend your evenings unwinding after work and resting for the day ahead.
The second section ‘Power down’ of the book is designed for the weekends, days off, and holidays when you have a little more time to enjoy and rediscover a love of food. I want you to not only be conscious of the type of food that you eat, but how you cook and prepare it, how you eat it, and who you share it with. Here you will find lazy brunches, comforting family dinners, traditional breads, celebratory cakes and tea-time treats.
In addition to the 115 recipes, you will find:
- My everyday shopping list and store cupboard staples – 5 of which I’ve selected as my ‘heroes’ and have given you 10 different recipe ideas for each of them.
- A key for special dietary requirements including vegetarian, vegan, gluten-free, low sugar, low salt, the fibre content, and meals under 30 minutes.
- ‘Meal prep hacks’ and tips on how to maintain a healthy lifestyle when you’re busy.
- No recipe recipes for quick snacks when you simply do not have the time to cook or bake.
- Nutritional advice including the basics of nutrition, how to meet your 5 a day, lunchbox tips for kids, and special nutritional requirements for vegan and vegetarians.
- Medical and nutritional hacks throughout the book with explanations of common lifestyle related conditions, such as type 2 diabetes and irritable bowel disease, and practical tips and tricks on how to stay healthy and get the most from your diet.
- Common nutritional myths busted – “Is red meat bad for me?” , “Is dark chocolate healthy?”, “Is a sweet potato healthier than a white potato?”– and replaced with evidence based advice.
- The importance of rest including; sleep hacks and an introduction to mindfulness and meditation.
What you won’t find in this book:
- Difficult to follow, time-consuming recipes which long lists of glorified ‘superfood’ ingredients that you have to source from a niche supermarket or foreign country.
- A restrictive set of dietary rules, health fads or extreme diets.
- The cure to cancer or the answer to world peace.
The book comes out April 19th 2018 is available to pre-order NOW on Amazon and WHS SMITH.
I can’t wait to share it with you!!
BOOK 1 – The Food Medic
As a doctor, a personal trainer, and a health blogger, my first book provides the perfect platform for me to bridge the gap between mainstream medicine and nutrition to create a whole-body guide to health.
I wrote this book to educate others on how to maximise their health so that they can look and feel amazing. I want to debunk the myths that are out there surrounding dieting and instead offer solid, evidence-based advice.
Refreshingly honest, junior doctor Hazel Wallace apparently wants to ‘punch the phrase detox in the face’. As we can all probably agree with her on this, you’ll be comforted to know when opening her book that its full of myth-busting anecdotes and recipes to help maintain your health, rather than proverbially bleach you of any so-called ‘toxins’. Using food as a healer, Dr Wallace even advises on foods to combat depression and insomnia.
The Evening Standard
This book isn’t a book with a collection of recipes that will just help shift a few stubborn pounds before a holiday – it is about health, confidence, happiness and feeling great.
We all feel our best when we are free of illness, full of energy and at a healthy weight – this book will you do just that! I want to help you maximise your health through nutrition, and teach, step-by-step, healthy eating habits for life so you will never have to ‘diet’ again! I will also show you how to eat yourself well: how to pick foods and cook recipe that help your physical health and mental wellbeing.
What this book will give you
- An insight to my background and journey to health.
- A basic guide to nutrition including; macronutrients, micronutrients, and calories.
- A tool kit on how to build a healthy diet
- Advice on common medical problems and their relationship with food broken down four key areas; the heart, the brain, the gut and the skin.
- Up to 70 healthy recipes including breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks, and drinks!
- Nutrition myths debunked!
- My most frequently asked questions on nutrition and training covered!
- A workout guide, tailored to suit you.
- A glossary of ‘health’ buzzwords, and what they mean, such as ‘detox’, ‘clean-eating’, ‘anti-oxidants’, and ‘superfoods’.
“I absolutely love this book. As head chef in our house, I’m always searching for easy, delicious recipes using just a few healthy ingredients. However, this is much more than a cookbook and more a doorway into a whole new way of life!”