As a doctor, a personal trainer, and a health blogger, the book provides the perfect platform for me to bridge the gap between mainstream medicine and nutrition to create a whole-body guide to health.
I wrote this book to educate others on how to maximise their health so that they can look and feel amazing. I want to debunk the myths that are out there surrounding dieting and instead offer solid, evidence-based advice.
Refreshingly honest, junior doctor Hazel Wallace apparently wants to ‘punch the phrase detox in the face’. As we can all probably agree with her on this, you’ll be comforted to know when opening her book that its full of myth-busting anecdotes and recipes to help maintain your health, rather than proverbially bleach you of any so-called ‘toxins’. Using food as a healer, Dr Wallace even advises on foods to combat depression and insomnia.
The Evening Standard
This book isn’t a book with a collection of recipes that will just help shift a few stubborn pounds before a holiday – it is about health, confidence, happiness and feeling great.
We all feel our best when we are free of illness, full of energy and at a healthy weight – this book will help you to do just that! I want to help you maximise your health through nutrition, and teach you, step-by-step, healthy eating habits for life so you will never have to ‘diet’ again! I will also show you how to eat yourself well: how to pick foods and cook recipes that help your physical health and mental wellbeing.
What this book will give you
- An insight to my background and journey to health.
- A basic guide to nutrition including; macronutrients, micronutrients, and calories.
- A tool kit on how to build a healthy diet
- Advice on common medical problems and their relationship with food broken down four key areas; the heart, the brain, the gut and the skin.
- Up to 70 healthy recipes including breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks, and drinks!
- Nutrition myths debunked!
- My most frequently asked questions on nutrition and training covered!
- A workout guide, tailored to suit you.
- A glossary of ‘health’ buzzwords, and what they mean, such as ‘detox’, ‘clean-eating’, ‘anti-oxidants’, and ‘superfoods’.