Hidden veggie pasta saucePrint This
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 red onion, roughly chopped
- 1 carrot, washed/scrubbed clean and roughly diced
- 1 red pepper, roughly chopped
- 1 stalk of celery, roughly chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tin of chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- Salt, to taste
- 360g dried spaghetti
- Fresh torn basil, to serve
- Parmesan, to serve [dairy-or dairy-free]
Instructions Begin by heating a large pan on a medium heat and adding the oil. Once it’s hot add the onion, carrot, pepper, and celery.
 Allow to cook and soften for 5 minutes stirring every minute or so.
 Next heat a large pan of salted water on a medium heat. Once boiling, add the spaghetti and cook for the recommended time on the pack or to your liking.
 Meanwhile add the garlic, chopped tomatoes and oregano to the pan with the veggies. Season with salt to taste, mix to combine and leave to simmer gently.
 Add 180ml of the pasta water from the saucepan into the veggie mixture and combine, before transferring the whole mixture to a blender. Blitz until smooth.
 Pour the sauce back into the pan and heat through for a couple of minutes. Drain the pasta and combine with the sauce.
 Serve with a sprinkling of fresh parmesan and basil. Enjoy!