An easy summer salad with lots of summer veggies that’s perfect for picnics, lunch on-the-go [or at home], or simple weeknight dinners. What more do you need?
Orzo SaladPrint This
- 300g orzo
- 150g cherry/plum tomatoes, halved
- 70g black olives, halved
- 1/2 cucumber, sliced and halved
- 3 spring onions, sliced
- large handful of spinach, chopped
- 180g feta cheese, crumbled [dairy or dairy-free]
- Handful fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of pepper
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
 Begin by cooking the orzo as per the packet instructions
 Whilst the orzo is cooking, prepare the dressing by combining the olive oil, dried oregano, garlic clove, salt and pepper, and white wine vinegar in a large bowl.
 Add the tomatoes, olives, cucumber, 2 of the sliced spring onions, chopped spinach, and basil leaves.
 Once the orzo is cooked, drain and rinse it with cold water and then add it to the bowl with the rest of the ingredients. Combine well.
 Split between 3 lunchboxes and top with remaining sliced spring onions, the crumbled feta and some more basil leaves should you wish. Enjoy!