A simple summer wrap that packs up perfectly for picnics in the park [or at the kitchen table if it’s not quite picnic weather…]
Halloumi + chickpea wrapsPrint This
- 3 wholemeal/seeded wraps
- 1 can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp of ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp of paprika
- 200g halloumi cheese, sliced
- Shredded lettuce
- 1/2 cucumber, 1/2 sliced and 1/2 grated
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tbsp of greek yoghurt [dairy or dairy-free]
- Handful of mint leaves, finely chopped
- Crudités and hummus, to serve
 Preheat the oven to 180ºc and scatter the chickpeas onto a baking tray. Sprinkle over the paprika and cumin and drizzle over the olive oil. Place into the oven to roast for 20 minutes.
 Meanwhile prepare the tzatziki. Squeeze out any liquid from the grated cucumber and placing it into a bowl with the Greek yoghurt and chopped mint leaves. Mix to combine.
 Heat a large pan on a medium heat and fry the halloumi slices for a couple of minutes on each side until golden.
 Assemble the wraps with lettuce, chopped tomatoes, sliced cucumber, roasted chickpeas, cooked halloumi, and finish by adding a few dollops of the tzatziki.
 Pack into lunchboxes along with hummus and crudités, if you like. Enjoy!