A classic Italian salad with a classic middle eastern dip….we never said we were all about authenticity, but we are all about delicious food! We like to use sourdough because it’s gets really crispy, but any bread will work, really. If you’ve got some stale bread around that needs using up this is the perfect recipe for that too! I hope you love this one.
panzanella salad with hummusPrint This
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 200g sourdough, cut or broken into chunks
- pinch of salt
- 250g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 100g black olives, halved
- 1/2 cucumber, thinly sliced and halved
- 20g fresh basil leaves
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 3 tsp capers
- 3 heaped tbsp hummus
1) Begin by preheating the oven to 180ºc and scattering the chunks of bread onto a baking tray. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon of olive, add the pinch of salt and place the tray into the oven for 10 minutes.
2) Meanwhile, in a bowl, combine the cherry tomatoes, olives, cucumber, basil leaves, red onion and capers.
3) Add the crispy chunks of bread along with the remaining tablespoon of olive oil and combine everything together.
4) Split the mixture between the lunch boxes and finish by adding a heaped tbsp of hummus to each one. Enjoy!