Are you team burrito or team taco? We’ve got a couple of really delicious taco recipes here on the website [including these tofu ones with slaw and these scrambled egg breakfast ones] so it felt like a good time to give something to team burrito – and we’re SO glad we did!
We really pack these of the good stuff…think peppers, black beans, corn, and avocado, before rolling them up and wrapping them in foil to cut in half and tuck into come lunchtime. Since we have to wait a liiiitle longer before we can enjoy burritos made by the pros, I think this one will bridge the gap nicely…
black bean burritosPrint This
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 white onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 red pepper, finely diced
- 1 tin black beans, drained and rinsed
- 125g sweetcorn
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp chilli powder
- 2 large tortilla wraps
- 1 large handful lettuce, shredded
- 1 avocado, mashed
- 1 tbsp salsa
- 2 tbsp grated cheese [dairy or dairy-free]
1) Being by heating the oil on a medium heat. Add the onion and cook for a few minutes before adding the garlic, red pepper, and black beans.
2) Next, add the ground cumin, smoked paprika, and chilli powder. Combine and cook for 5 minutes before adding the sweetcorn.
3) To assemble, place the wraps on a sheet of tin foil. Add the shredded lettuce to the middle followed by the black bean mix. Add some mashed avocado, salsa and then grated cheese.
4) Carefully fold one side over, followed by the two opposite ends together. Gently roll the burrito over ensuring the filling is tucked in.
5) Wrap in the foil and when read to eat, cut in half with a sharp knife. Enjoy!