Love curry? Love soup? You’ll LOVE this recipe for sure! Made with toasty, roasty cauliflower all blitzed up with coconut milk and lots of warming spices, it’s the perfect winter warmer and weekday lunch.
coconut + cauliflower soupPrint This
- 1 cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and sliced
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 white onion, finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 green chilli, finely diced
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 3.4 tsp ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- 1 tin coconut milk
- 560ml vegetable stock
- TO SERVE
- Fresh coriander
- Coconut flakes
- Mini Naan breads
1) Preheat the oven to 180c and scatter the cauliflower florets and sliced red pepper on a large baking tray. Drizzle with 1 tbsp of the olive oil and place in the oven to roast for 20 minutes.
2) Meanwhile, in a large pan on a medium heat, add the remaining oil along with the diced white onion. Cook for 5 minutes stirring frequently before adding the garlic and dived green chilli.
3) Next, add the spices and combine until the onion is evenly coated in them, and then add the coconut milk and vegetable stock. Season to taste with salt.
4) Turn the heat down to low and let simmer whilst the vegetables in the oven finish cooking.
5) Once the veggies are cooked, add the cauliflower and red pepper to a blender along with the liquid in the pan. Blend until smooth.
6) If you’re eating immediately, pour the soup back into the pan and heat through for a few minutes before serving with the coriander, coconut flakes and naan breads on the side.
7) If saving for another day, leave to cool before storing in the fridge and reheating again until piping hot when ready.