Whether you’re working from home or eating out-and-about this recipe is one for everyone! It also lasts really well in the fridge – ideal for making ahead of time. You can easily make it make vegan by omitting the feta and using a vegan pesto. If you don’t have all the veggies, just swap in what you can/like/prefer!
Pesto new potato & chickpea traybakePrint This
- 250g new potatoes
- 1 tin chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 courgette, cut into chunks
- 1 aubergine, cut into chunks
- 1 red onions, cut into chunks
- 1 red pepper, cut into chunks
- 3 tbsp green pesto (dairy-free if required)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 150g vine or cherry tomatoes
- 70g feta cheese (or dairy-free alternative)
- fresh basil leaves, to serve (optional)
Begin by bringing a saucepan of water to the boil and add the new potatoes. Cook for 15 minutes before draining.
Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 180c. Add the drained potatoes to a large ovenproof dish and using a fork or potato masher press down firmly so the potato smashes/flattens slightly.
Next add the chickpeas, courgettes, aubergine, red onion and red pepper chunks and 1 tbsp of pesto. Carefully mix everything together so the pesto is evenly distributed.
Drizzle with the olive oil, season with salt and place in the oven for 15 minutes.
Then add the tomatoes and place back in the oven for a further 15 minutes.
When cooked, dollop the rest of the pesto and crumble the feta on top. Serve with fresh basil, if using, and enjoy!