Looking for some inspiration tonight? Look no further. Aubergine is not an easy vegetable to get right, but baked in the oven until gooey and sweet is my favourite kind of way to eat it. This recipe also works well as a side to salmon or crispy tofu or even as part of a bigger mezze dinner!
Sticky miso auberginesPrint This
- 3 aubergines
- 4 tablespoons of brown miso paste
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of soy sauce or tamari
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon of sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon of fresh ginger, diced
- 2 tablespoons of rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons of maple syrup
- Brown rice, to serve
- Handful of chopped spring onions, to serve
- 1 red chilli, diced
- Chopped peanuts, to serve
- Sesame seeds, to serve
- Lime wedges, to serve
Preheat the oven to 180c and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
In a mixing bowl combine the miso paste, soy sauce or tamari, crushed garlic, sesame oil, fresh ginger, rice vinegar and maple syrup.
Next, slice the aubergines in half lengthways and, using a sharp knife, score a crisscross pattern into the aubergine.
Cover the aubergine halves in the marinade and ensure it gets into all the gaps for extra flavour and juiciness!
Place the aubergines on the baking tray and bake in the oven for 50 minutes, or until soft and cooked through.
Serve with brown rice and garnish with the chopped spring onions, red chilli, chopped peanuts, sesame seeds and a squeeze of lime.