There’s endless delicious curry recipes out there, but I really urge you to add this sweet potato and peanut butter one to your next curry night. I don’t know if it’s 100% authentic, but I do know it’s absolutely delicious!
Sweet potato + peanut butter curryPrint This
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp chilli powder
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 inch piece ginger, finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp garam masala curry powder
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- 4 tbsp smooth peanut butter
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 400g chopped tomatoes (1 tin)
- 400g coconut milk (1 tin)
- 2 sweet potatoes, chopped into cubes
- Big pinch salt
- handful green beans
- 1 broccoli, chopped into florets
- To serve: handful toasted chopped peanuts, coriander, lime, spring onions
Dry toast the coriander & cumin in a large pan on high heat for 1 minute and then add the oil and onions, lowering to a medium heat and gently frying for 5 minutes until onions have softened. Use this time to prep your sweet potatoes & broccoli.
Then add the crushed garlic, chilli powder, ginger & fresh chilli for a further two minutes, adding a little more oil if it needs it. Then add the garam masala & sesame seeds & stir through.
Spoon in the peanut butter, stirring through the pan before adding the tomato paste, chopped tomatoes & coconut milk & bring to a gentle simmer.
Add the sweet potato, a big pinch of sea salt and cook for 20-30 minutes (until the sweet potato is cooked) then add the broccoli & beans for the last 5 minutes.
Serve with rice & top with peanuts, coriander and a squeeze of lime.