If you need a recipe to mix up your lunchbox or snack game – this could be the one! Anything that starts with chocolate and orange is one to good things. I reckon these would be pretty delicious crumbled over yoghurt if you’re in need of a speedy breakfast or something on-the-go. If raisins aren’t your thing, you could try using chopped dried apricots or dates?
Chocolate orange granola cupsPrint This
- 200g oats
- 80ml maple syrup
- 80ml milk/plant milk alternative
- 2 tablespoons of pumpkin seeds
- 1 teaspoon of chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon of orange zest
- 2 tablespoons of orange juice (from the orange)
- 1 teaspoon of orange extract (optional, for extra zing)
- 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder
- 100g raisins or dried fruit
- 40g melted dark chocolate
- extra orange zest for decoration
Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F and grease a muffin tin with a little butter/oil
In a large mixing bowl, combine the oats, pumpkin seeds, chia seeds, orange zest, cocoa powder and raisins (or dried fruit or choice).
In a separate mixing bowl, combine the maple syrup, milk of choice, orange juice and orange extract.
Add the wet ingredients to the dry, and mix together until it’s well combined.
Split the mixture evenly between into the muffin tin (should make approx. 8), and bake for 15-18 minutes.
Leave to cool a little before removing from the muffin tin and then allow to cool completely before drizzling with dark chocolate, and sprinkling with orange zest.