I’ve got a great little food hack for you: whip up creamy, homemade coleslaw in minutes by simply using FAGE Total plain 0% yoghurt instead of the trials of making your own mayonnaise. I like it best wrapped up in a taco with some crispy tofu but it also tastes awesome in wraps and sandwiches, with a baked potato, or served as a side at a BBQ (too early?).
This recipe post was sponsored by FAGE UK.
Tofu tacos + FAGE slawPrint This
- 2 blocks of extra firm tofu (drained if required)
- 1 tablespoon of paprika
- 2 tablespoons of cornflour
- 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
- pinch of salt and pepper
- 8 small tacos/tortillas
- shredded lettuce
- sliced green chilli (optional)
- FOR THE FAGE SLAW...
- 1 small pot FAGE total 0%
- 1 small carrot, finely grated
- 75g white cabbage, shredded
- 75g red cabbage, shredded
- 1 red apple, cored and thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 red onion, thinly sliced
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Pinch of salt and pepper
Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F and line 2 baking trays with parchment paper.
Cut tofu blocks into small cubes, and add to a bowl.
Add olive oil, cornflour, paprika, salt and pepper and gently combine so the tofu is evenly coated.
Empty tofu onto baking trays and bake for 15 minutes, before shaking the trays to turn tofu over and baking for a further 15 minutes.
Meanwhile, in a bowl combine grated carrot, shredded red and white cabbage, and sliced apple and onion.
Squeeze with lemon juice and season with salt and pepper, before adding pot of FAGE and combining.
Load tacos with shredded lettuce, FAGE slaw, tofu cubes and garnish with coriander and green chilli.