Peanut + greens soba noodle saladPrint This
- 200g soba (buckwheat) noodles*
- 1 broccoli head, washed, cut into florets
- 150g frozen peas
- 2 handfuls of fresh spinach
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 4 spring onions, sliced
- 2 tbsp of Pip and Nut smooth peanut butter
- 1 tbsp of soy sauce
- 1 tbsp of rice vinegar
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 garlic clove, grated
- 1 tbsp maple syrup (optional)
- Handful of peanuts, chopped - to serve
- Fresh coriander (optional) - to serve
- Handful chopped cashews - to serve
- Cook the noodles as per packet instructions (I usually add a splash of olive oil to stop noodles from sticking together). Drain and rinse well under cold water. Toss in about 1 tbsp of sesame oil and set aside.
- Boil the broccoli in a pan of boiling water for 4 minutes. Add the peas for the final 2 minutes.
- Drain, run under cold water, drain again and set aside.
- To make the dressing combine the Pip & Nut peanut butter, soy sauce, rice vinegar, 1 tbsp of sesame oil, lime juice, grated garlic, and maple syrup in a bowl and whisk with a fork, or shake in a jar.
- Toss the noodles, cooked vegetables, spinach, and dressing in a large bowl. Sprinkle with chopped peanuts, cashews and fresh herbs.
*can be swapped for the noodle of your choice