Thai green turkey curryPrint This
- 4 fresh green chillies
- 2 shallots
- 1 stalk lemongrass (outer leaves removed then chopped)
- 3cm piece of ginger
- 2 big cloves garlic
- Handful fresh coriander (reserving some leaves for the garnish)
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 can coconut milk
- 100ml stock
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- 2 limes
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 kaffir lime leaves (optional)
- Pinch Sea salt
- Leftover cooked turkey (roughly 200g but use whatever you’ve got)
- Handful Mangetout
- Handful Baby corn
- Any veg you have left over from Christmas, eg, carrots, potatoes, peas
In a food processor or high speed blender, blitz the green chillies, shallots, lemongrass, ginger, garlic, coriander (reserving some for the garnish), and ground cumin together. Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a large pan on a medium-low heat, add half the paste and cook for 4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Add in the coconut milk, along with 100ml stock, turn up the heat to a boil and add the lime leaves, fish sauce, maple syrup, & juice of 1 lime then let boil for 5 minutes.
Add the mange tout, baby corn & any other veg that needs using up, along with your turkey & let simmer for 5 minutes, seasoning with a little salt & pepper.
Once cooked/heated through, serve with steamed rice, lime wedges, & fresh coriander leaves.