This combination of pear and almond is one of my favourites – and almost feels a little festive! Best served with a side of fluffy slippers in a dressing gown.
This post is an advertorial for Quaker
Pear and Almond PorridgePrint This
- 1 medium pear, halved and seeds removed.
- 1 tbsp almond oil or butter, melted
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- pinch of cinnamon
- Handful of flaked almonds
- 2 tbsp of almond butter (optional)
- X 2 Quaker oats so simple sachets
- 500ml semi skimmed milk or a plant milk alternative
- Preheat the oven to 175°C and line a baking tray with baking paper. Place the pear halves on the lined baking tray, drizzle over the maple syrup, coconut oil, and sprinkle with cinnamon. Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes until tender and cooked through.
- To toast the almonds, heat a non-stick fry pan over medium heat. Add the almonds and cook for 1-2 minutes or until golden brown and fragrant, stirring constantly. Transfer to a bowl and set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, cook the oats with milk as per packet instructions.
- To serve, transfer the porridge to bowls, top with a pear each, a sprinkle of nuts and a drizzle of almond butter.