There’s not much more I can say about this recipe other than the fact that it’s an absolute banger of a recipe, for any day of the week. Made using Alpro’s Plain Unsweetened plant-based alternative to yoghurt. Delicious!
SWEET POTATO & CHICKPEA CURRYPrint This
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 large onion, finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2cm fresh ginger, peeled & finely chopped
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 450g Alpro Plain Unsweetened Yoghurt Alternative
- 200ml vegetable stock or water
- 400g sweet potato, peeled & chopped into small chunks
- 250g drained chickpeas
- 150g fresh spinach
- Toppings: Lime, Coriander, Chilli & drizzling of extra yoghurt
Begin by heating the coconut oil in a large pan. Then add the onion, garlic, and ginger and fry until the onion has softened. Add the spices and cook for about 2 minutes.
Add 2tbsp of Alpro Plain Unsweetened & mix in to make a paste. Then add the sweet potatoes, stock & the remaining yoghurt & cook for 20 minutes.
Add the chickpeas & spinach & simmer for another 5 minutes adding a little water if it starts to stick. Season to taste & serve with fresh lime wedges, coriander, chilli, & a drizzling of extra yoghurt.
This recipe was sponsored by Alpro.