I’ve got an absolute treat for you to make for dinner today – Mexican Quesadilla with guacamole. You can make this recipe vegan by omitting the cheese or using a vegan cheese alternative!
Mexican QuesadillaPrint This
- 1 tin of black beans (or red kidney beans), drained
- 1 small tin of sweetcorn, drained
- ½ red onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, grated
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- Juice of a lime
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 50g of cheese (or vegan cheese), grated
- 4 tortilla wraps
- Guacamole (homemade or store brought), to serve
- Olive oil (to grease pan)
In a bowl, combine the beans, sweetcorn, onion, tomatoes, paprika, and lime juice. Season and set aside
Grease a frying pan with oil and place over a medium heat. Press one tortilla into the pan, half the bean mixture and cheese. Place another tortilla on top.
Cook for 2-3 minutes on each side (invert onto a plate to turn it over), until golden, the cheese is melted, and the filling is hot. Cut into wedges and serve with guacamole to dip.