Banana + Apple Oat MuffinsPrint This
- ⅓ cup oil*
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 2 eggs
- 3 medium ripe bananas, mashed
- ¼ cup Alpro unsweetened oat drink
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 ¾ cups whole wheat flour
- ⅓ cup rolled oats, plus more for sprinkling on top
- 1/2 an apple, chopped into small cubes
- *can use any oil e.g. melted coconut oil or butter, rapeseed oil, or mild olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 170c & grease your muffin tray with coconut oil/butter
- In a large bowl, whisk together the oil and maple syrup, then add the eggs and beat well.
- Add in the mashed bananas, milk & then baking soda, cinnamon, salt & vanilla extract. Mix well.
- Add the flour & oats & mix with a spoon until everything is combined. Then fold through the apple cubes.
- Divide the batter evenly, filling each cup about two-thirds full. Add a little extra sprinkling of oats then bake for 25 minutes until lightly browning on top.
- Place the tin on a cooling rack to cool before gently scooping them out using a knife. They will keep at room temp for 2 days or in the fridge for 4.