Homemade ice-cream can often be a bit of a faff to make. Here at The Food Medic we are all about speed and taste, and this recipe doesn’t compromise on either. It’s also made from a only a handful of nutritious ingredients that won’t break the bank – that’s a pretty win-win situation, hey?
Chocolate and Hazelnut FroyoPrint This
- 2 large bananas, frozen*
- 2 TBSP maple syrup (or honey)
- 70g of yogurt
- 40g of cocoa powder
- 2 tsp Vanilla extract
- 60g of dark chocolate chips, or dark chocolate chopped (plus extra to top)
- 60g of blanched hazelnuts
- *Peel banana and slice before freezing
- To roast the hazelnuts; preheat the oven to 200c. Pour the nuts onto a flat baking tray and roast for 5 minutes until fragrant (not burnt!). Remove and allow cool for 15 – 20 minutes.
- Next add the frozen bananas, syrup , yogurt, cocoa powder and vanilla extract into a food processor and blend until smooth and creamy. Stir in the chocolate chips and hazelnuts.
- Spoon the mixture into a loaf tin or container, pop on the lid or wrap well in cling film and freeze overnight or for at least 3-4 hours. Remove from the freezer about 10-15 mins before you want to serve the frozen yogurt. Can be frozen for up to 1 month.
- Best served scooped into cones and drizzled in melted chocolate.