My roasted veg couscous salad is the perfect quick and healthy recipe for lunches this week. Feel free to swap out any of the veg for whatever you have in the fridge – no rules apply here! It’s also quite delicious stuffed inside roasted peppers halves.
Roasted vegetable couscous saladPrint This
- 1-2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 bell peppers (different colour if possible), cut into chunks
- 2 courgettes, sliced
- 1 sweet potato, cut into small chunks (skin on)
- 1 red onion
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 150g cherry tomatoes, whole
- 1 Tbsp harissa
- 50g of flaked almonds
- 150g pomegrante seeds
- 250g couscous
- 300ml of vegetable stock
- Juice of a lemon
- Handful of fresh parsley, roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 200C.
- Add the peppers, courgette, red onion, garlic and sweet potato to a baking tray. Drizzle in the olive oil and stir in the Harissa. Give a toss and roast for 30. Add the cherry tomatoes and cook for a remaining 10 minutes.
- Put the couscous into a large bowl, pour over the stock, cover, then set aside for 10-15 mins. Stir.
- Squeeze the garlic pulp from the skins and mash with a fork, add to the couscous with the rest of the roasted vegetables. Squeeze the lemon juice on top and stir in the parsley. Sprinkle pomegranate seeds on top before serving.