So avocado and toast has certainly become a staple feature on my Instagram feed – and in every brunch restaurant and cafe in London it seems! Although this breakfast is trendy, let’s be honest, it is pretty darn tasty too. I wanted to upgrade my usual avocado on toast for something a little more spreadable and creamy and as a result I came up with, what I like to call, avocado-naise. For this recipe I used ALPRO simply plain Big Pot soya alternative to yogurt, making this recipe 100% plant based.
- 1 ripe avocado
- 2 tablespoons of ALPRO simply plain yogurt alternative
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 garlic clove, crushed or grated
- 1/4 tsp dijon mustard
- Pinch of salt and black pepper
- 1/4 tsp chilli flakes
- Cut the avocado in half, remove the stone and skin, and chop into chunks. Mash with the back of a fork.
- Place the avocado into a bowl with the rest of the ingredients and mix together until combined. For a creamier spread you can blend using a hand blender.
This recipe was sponsored by ALPRO. All opinions are my own.