Overnight oats are my go-to grab-and-go breakfast for early mornings. Simply knock them up the night before, seal them in a jar and pop them in the fridge overnight, add some toppings in the morning, and you’re good to go. They can be quite boring but this jazzy twist should help make your mornings a little more exciting. I’ve swirled in some raspberry chia jam, the recipe for which you can find here, but you can use any jam or fresh raspberries if you choose.
COCONUT AND RASPBERRY SWIRL OVERNIGHT OATSPrint This
- 40g oats
- 10g milled chia seed (I use Linwoods brand)
- 1 TBSP desiccated coconut
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 TBSP maple syrup (optional)
- 250-275ml of ALPRO unsweetened almond drink
- 1 TBSP raspberry chia jam
- Toppings: extra coconut and sliced banana.
- Combine all of the ingredients together, except the raspberry chia jam, in a small jar or airtight container.
- Place in the fridge overnight or for at least 1 hour to soak.
- When ready to eat swirl through the chia jam and top with some extra coconut and sliced banana if you wish.