I absolutely love hot chocolate and I think there is no better way of making it than from scratch on the stove. Not only does this way taste so much better (or so I think!) but it’s much lower in sugar than the powdered versions you can buy in the store. You can also play around with the flavours by adding different spices, coffee syrups, or even liqueurs for a grown-up feel.
Christmas Spice Hot ChocolatePrint This
- 280ml of almond milk (or any milk)
- 1 tbsp of cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp of maple syrup or sweetener of choice
- 1/2 tsp of mixed spice
- 1/4 tsp of vanilla essence
- Add all of the ingredients to a small saucepan, and whisk together until the cocoa powder is mostly incorporated. Cook over medium-low heat, stirring frequently, for 3-5 minutes or until warmed through.
- Pour into a mug and enjoy!
Sprinkle some cinnamon and grate some chocolate on top for a bit of extra luxury!