Mindful Chef are joining us on the blog this week to share a very suitably festive recipe. The crunchy hazelnut topping here makes a delicious partner to turkey, alongside a creamy cauliflower mash and a homemade cranberry sauce.
- 100g fresh cranberries
- 1 1/2 tbsp oil
- 1/2 lemon
- 180g purple sprouting broccoli
- 1 cauliflower
- 20g hazelnuts
- 2 tsp honey
- 2 x 150g turkey escalope
- 4 tbsp ground hazelnuts
- Medium handful of fresh thyme
1. Preheat the oven to 200C / gas mark 6 and boil a kettle.
2. To make the hazelnut crust; zest half of the lemon and roughly chop the hazelnuts. Into a bowl, place the lemon zest, chopped hazelnuts, ground hazelnuts and the leaves from half of the thyme sprigs. Mix with 1 tbsp oil and a pinch of sea salt and black pepper.
3. Place the turkey escalopes onto a baking tray and spread a thin layer of the hazelnut mix over the top to form a crust. Place in the oven for 20-25 mins until cooked through.
4. Meanwhile, trim the cauliflower and remove the leaves (reserve for later). Cut the cauliflower into small chunks. Place the florets in a saucepan and cover with boiling water. Simmer for 15-20 mins until soft, then drain and mash with a potato masher. Stir in the remaining leaves from the thyme sprigs.
5. Trim the purple sprouting broccoli and slice in half lengthways. Roughly slice the cauliflower leaves. Place onto a separate baking tray and drizzle with 1/2 tbsp oil and a sprinkle of sea salt. Place in the oven for 10 mins, until golden.
6. To make a cranberry sauce; in a saucepan, place the honey, cranberries and 150ml boiling water and simmer for 5 mins.
7. Thinly slice the hazelnut crusted turkey. Spoon the cauliflower mash on onto two warm plates and top with the turkey. Serve alongside the broccoli and cauliflower leaves.