You can’t go wrong with a recipes that simple need assembling and putting in the oven to bake! Perfect for these chilly November evenings. If you’re only cooking for 1 or 2, make the whole recipe and freeze the rest in portions. That way you’ll always have a tasty dish waiting in your freezer.
- 2 Aubergines
- 1 can tomatoes
- 2 balls of mozzarella
- 2 tsp crushed garlic
- 2 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat a fan oven to 180 degrees celsius and rub a lasagne dish with olive oil.
- Slice the eggplant into thin slices and sprinkle with salt, leaving to rest for five minutes before patting them down with a paper towel to remove any moisture.
- Line the bottom of the lasagne dish with one layer of eggplant. Spoon over enough of the chopped tomatoes to cover the aubergine, sprinkling over a little bit of the garlic. Repeat with all the eggplant and tomatoes to create your layers. Wrap tightly with foil and bake for 45 mins or until tender.
- Remove from the oven and top with slices of mozzarella. Sprinkle with the Parmesan cheese and place back in the oven for a further 15 minutes or until golden brown.