It’s no secret that I love porridge, and it’s no secret that I love jazzing up my morning porridge with various toppings because let’s be real, porridge can be pretty boring on it’s own. I’m topping this with caramelized apple, cinnamon, and which makes the entire bowl taste like apple pie for breakfast!
Apple pie porridgePrint This
- 40g of porridge oats
- 1 tbsp of Linwoods flaxseed ( I used Milled Flaxseed Almonds Brazil Nuts Walnuts & Co-Enzyme Q10)
- 1 tsp cinnamon (+ extra to sprinkle)
- 1 apple
- 250ml of milk or water
- Handful of raisins
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp maple syrup or honey
- Cut the apple in half. Grate one half and chop the other into cubes.
- Place the oats, cinnamon, flaxseed, grated apple, raisins and milk in a small saucepan. Cook over a medium heat for 3-5 minutes until the liquid has been absorbed. Add more milk for a runnier porridge. Pour into a bowl to serve.
- In a small frying pan cook fry the chopped apple pieces in the coconut oil and maple syrup for 2-3 minutes until softened. Sprinkle some cinnamon on top.
- Add the apple to the porridge and sprinkle some extra flaxseed on top!