There is nothing quite like a mug of soup when you get in from a long day out and about or at work. This soup is not only totally soul-warming and moreish, but it is packed – and I mean PACKED – full of nutrients. Soup is also very satiating so it fills you up and keeps you satisfied until dinner time.
ps. Head over to my YouTube channel to watch me make this step-by-step!
- 1 head of Broccoli, cut into florets
- 2 handfuls of kale
- 300g of frozen peas, thawed.
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, grated.
- 1L of vegetable stock
- Salt & Pepper, To season
- 1 TBSP of Coconut oil
- 1 large handful fresh mint, chopped.
- Heat the oil on medium heat in a saucepan. Fry the onion and garlic until soft.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and bring to boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 15 minutes. Remove from the heat and allow to cool for 15-20minutes.
- Using a hand held blender, or by transferring to a food processor, puree in your food processor when it has cooled down a bit. If you prefer your soup with a bit of a chunky texture, don’t process for too long. It you want a smoother soup you should use a blend for longer.
- Return the soup to the pan, season with salt and pepper and heat through before serving.
I've served this with The Happy Tummy Co. Chia and Teff loaf!