Creamy coconut and curried parsnip soupPrint This
- 1 TBSP of coconut oil
- 4 parsnips (approx. 800g), peeled and chopped
- 1 green apple, peeled and chopped
- 1 onion, peeled and diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 750ml of vegetable stock
- 1 x 400ml can of light coconut milk
- 2 tsp of mild curry powder
- 2 tsp of Garam masala
- Salt and black pepper
Heat 1 tbsp coconut oil in a large sauce pan, add the onion, garlic and a pinch of salt. Cook for 5 minutes until soft. Add the curry powder and garam masala and cook for 1 minute.
Stir in the parsnips and apple.
Pour over the stock and coconut milk. Bring to the boil and reduce to simmer for 20-25 minutes until the parsnips are soft.
Remove from the heat and blend until smooth using a hand blender. Season with a cracked black pepper and serve.
Serving suggestion: Top with crispy vegetable chips and black pepper!