Easter Carrot Cake OatmealPrint This
- 1 cup porridge oats
- 1 cup of grated carrot
- 2 cups of almond milk (to be swapped with dairy milk or other non-dairy according to needs and intolerances)
- 1 egg white**
- 1/4 cup of dried raisins and cranberries
- 1/4 cup of pecans, chopped
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1-2 tablespoons of sweetener of choice
Place the carrot, oats and milk in a small pan over a medium heat and bring to the boil. Reduce to a simmer and stir for 3-4 minutes until liquid is almost absorbed.
Add egg white if using, and whisk quickly until thick and creamy. Add the sweetener, vanilla, cinnamon, raisins and pecans. Stir until combined and remove from the heat.
Serve in two breakfast bowls with an added sprinkle of nuts and cinnamon.
The egg white adds a fantastic texture to the oats, plus added protein!