Chilli con CarnePrint This
- 400-500g gram of lean minced beef
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, grated
- 1 tin (400g) of chopped tomatoes
- 1 tin (400g) of kidney beans
- 1 whole red pepper, chopped
- 1oog of mushrooms, sliced
- 1 kallo mushroom stock cube, or vegetable stock cube.
- 1 heaped tsp hot or mild chilli powder (depending of preferred strength!)
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- salt and pepper to taste
Dry-fry the minced beef, garlic and onions in a large pan until browned.
Add the red pepper, mushrooms, chilli powder, paprika and cumin and cook for 1 minute. Drain the kidney beans and add along with the tomatoes.
Dissolve the stock cube in 1/2 a pint of boiling water and add to the chilli mixture. Bring to the boil and simmer for 20 minutes.
Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Try this served with cauliflower rice to cut down on carbs and calories!